PHYSICS Teachers to teach in the UAE
Applied Technology High Schools
Accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS CASI)
The First educational institution outside the US to achieve SACS
state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services, the Institute of
Applied Technology (IAT) offers Career-based Technical Education (CTE) in
English at the secondary and tertiary levels. IAT offers a unique opportunity
to prepare its graduates for their post-secondary future by participating in
personalized work-integrated learning processes and programs that are driven by
academic rigor and delivered using student-centered methods. The institute’s
seven campuses are located in the United Arab Emirates at Abu Dhabi, Al Ain,
Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah; with its Directorate based in Abu Dhabi. In
addition, IAT encompasses higher learning start-ups in aviation, health
education and multiple high-tech disciplines.
We are seeking PHYSICS teachers to teach Grades 9, 10, 11
and 12. As a Physics Teacher employed within the IAT you will teach classes to
UAE national students in a practical learner centered environment. The Science
program, with a focus on Physics is based on internationally recognized school
standards (The American National Science Education Standards). “Science as
inquiry is the main approach of the program”.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Science with a major in
· Minimum 3 years of relevant teaching experience in
a high school setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for planning, managing and improving
the learning of their own students, working with other team members.
· In collaboration with Lead Teachers to implement and
continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
· To manage the learning of the students, maintaining
records, collaborating with other teachers and promoting staff development in a
· Responsible for planning and participating in
professional development opportunities to further their own knowledge, skills
· To manage all facilities and activities related to
achieve student learning.
· To play a leadership role in role-modeling
behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
· Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes
in students, and therefore supervise all student activities and processes to
· To develop and maintain teaching materials and
assist with program quality assurance processes.
· Teachers liaise with Student Counselors, as
required. Communicate progress and performance to students and school
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Student centered, and an aptitude to work with Arab
· Committed to innovation in Teaching and Learning
initiatives, with a positive “can do” attitude and willingness to promote
life-long learning across IAT.
· Commitment to student-centered, project based
· Strong written and verbal communication skills,
good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people.
· Sound understanding of technologies that support
educational development and current with technology developments.
Salary and Benefits:
The IAT offers a
competitive tax-free salary, housing allowance, air fare, relocation allowance
(if deployed from overseas), medical insurance, gratuity and subsidized
education for your children.
Please submit your application online on our website http://jobs.iat.ac.ae. If you have difficulty in submitting
an online application, please email your CV to email@example.com with “Physics
Teacher” in the subject line of the email; however, candidates who apply on our
website will be contacted first. While we welcome applications from all
candidates, only short listed candidates will be contacted.